Responses to Popular Questions
1. What is the accreditation level of Vasyl’ Stus DonNU?
Donetsk National University named after Vasyl Stus is a state university of the highest – IV level of accreditation, which is confirmed by the License of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine AE № 636063 of 10.03.2015.
2. What is the language one conducts classes at Vasyl’ Stus DonNU in?
Teaching at the Donetsk National University named after Vasyl Stus is conducted in the state language at all faculties and specialties. There are also 2 undergraduate degree programs and 3 master’s programs in English.
3. How many specialties are allowed for a student to apply for in 2021?
In accordance with paragraph 5.3. The admission rules to the Vasyl’ Stus DonNU entrant can submit up to 7 applications for state procurement in closed and open competitive bids no more than 4 specialties. Submission of bids for the competition for places at the expense of individuals or legal entities is not limited. At the same time, applications submitted for a particular specialty to one higher education institution in different forms of education (full-time and part-time) are considered as separate applications.
4. What specialties may a student apply for if he or she has the following EIE certificates?
In order to identify all the specialties of DonNU named after Vasyl’ Stus that you are eligible to apply for according to your results of the EIE certificates, use Annexes 1.1 and 1.2 on the Baccalaureate page.
5. Do you accept the EIE certificates issued in previous years?
In accordance with paragraph 6.1 of the Rules of admission to the Vasyl’ Stus DonNU in 2020, certificates of external independent evaluation of 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 are accepted, except for grades in English, French, German and Spanish. Assessments in English, French, German and Spanish are only accepted from external independent evaluation certificates from 2018, 2019 and 2020.
6. How many state-funded places are there in 2021?
The Ministry of Education of Ukraine distributes the state-funded places for the training of specialists with higher education before the start of the admission campaign. Until then you can see last year’s amount of state-financed places on the Government Order page.
7. What is the minimum pass mark for a state-funded place?
Passing mark is the competition score of the last student on the entry list of the recommended entry to the budget. The passing score is determined by the Admission Committee only after the application is completed, so it is impossible to predict it.
In addition, in recent years, the mechanism for calculating the competitive score has changed. Therefore, it makes no sense to compare it with last year’s figures.
8. In what form should you submit your entry applications?
According to clauses 5.1 of the Rules of admission to Vasyl’ Stus DonNU, applicants for the Bachelor’s degree on the basis of complete general secondary education, except for the persons who are eligible to participate in the competition on the results of entrance examinations or enrollment in the interview, submit applications only by e-mail. form.
Entrants who have privileges apply only in paper form.
9. How to apply in electronic form?
To submit an electronic application, the applicant must register at the website http://ez.osvitavsim.org.ua.
During registration the entrant states the following information:
the email address it can access
the series and number of the educational document on which the entry is based;
the number, pin code and year of receipt of the external independent evaluation certificate;
the series and number of the identity document when and by whom it was issued;
certificate confirming registration in the countryside.
For more information, see the ‘How do I apply?’
10. Where can you get acquainted with the entrance exam preparation programs?
You can read about the entrance examination programs in person at the Admission Committee or on the official website of Vasyl’ Stus DonNU on the Admission Tests page.
11. Is it obligatory to submit a paper application and entry papers in person?
In accordance with paragraph 5.6. The rules of admission to Vasyl’ Stus DonNU the paper application is submitted by the entrant to the Admission Committee personally.
12. Will those who submitted their documents earlier get the admission priority?
No, they won’t. The date of submission of the application and documents for admission (within the period specified by the Rules of admission to Vasyl’ Stus DonNU) does not affect the results of competitive selection.
13. What is the entry-level competition score based on complete general secondary education for a Bachelor's degree comprised of?
In accordance with paragraph 6.4. Admission Regulations for Vasyl’ Stus DonNU Entry score based on full secondary education is calculated by the formula:
Competition score (CS) = K1 * P1 + K2 * P2 + K3 * P3 + K4 * A + K5 * OU,
where П1, П2 – external independent assessment marks or entrance examinations for the first and second subjects;
P3 – assessment of external independent evaluation, entrance examination in the third subject;
A – the average grade of the document about the complete general secondary education, translated into a scale from 100 to 200 points according to the table of transfer of the average score of the document about the complete general secondary education, calculated on a 12-point scale, to a scale of 100-200;
(Appendix 7) only for specialties of Faculty of Mathematics and Information Technology
OU – a score for successful completion of the preparatory courses of a higher education institution of the current year for admission to it on a scale from 100 to 200 points at admission to the specialty (specialization) Biology, Ecology, Chemistry.
The integral weights K1, K2, K3, K4, K5 for each competitive bid are set out in Annex 1.
The final competitive score is multiplied by regional (RK), sectoral (GK), rural (SC) and first (PAC) coefficients.
14. What is the priority principle?
The entrant indicates the priority expressed in number in each of the submitted applications (both electronic and paper). Priority # 1 is the most important one, and it is set for the most desirable specialty and university. Priority is given to the application only once and cannot be altered in the competitive selection process.
The unified state electronic database on education according to the priorities set by the entrant, according to the received competition points of each application, automatically determines a single offer on the state order – a place of study at a certain university in a certain specialty. If the received offer does not suit the entrant, the latter can only apply for a contract position for any of the previously submitted applications.
15. Can I submit additional entry documents after the admission deadline?
No, additional documents from the entrants are not accepted after the submission deadline.
16. Do I need to notarize copies of the documents?
At the request of the entrant, the admission committee shall certify a copy of the document of the state sample on the acquisition of education at the educational (qualification) level, on the basis of which the entry is made, and the certificate, certificates (certificates) of EIT and other documents free of charge.
In order to notarize the copies it is necessary to bring with them originals of all documents.
17. Does the university provide dormitories?
Donetsk National University named after Vasyl Stus helps applicants with the accommodation in hostels. The admission of entrants and students to the hostel occurs in accordance with the procedure approved by the DonNU named after Vasyl Stus (Annex 11).
18. What is the cost of studies in the university?
The cost of training for entrants in 2020 can be found on the page Cost of studies: https://www.donnu.edu.ua/en/vartist-navchannya-2. The payer has the right to choose the most convenient form of payment: once a month, once a semester or once a year.
19. Where should we submit paper applications and documents for entering the Vasyl’ Stus DonNU?
Paper applications and documents could be submitted in four cities this year:
- Vinnytsia, str. 600-richia, 21, Large Computer Room, 2nd floor of the main building of DonNU. Phone number for information: +380 (432) 50-89-32. E-mail: [email protected]
- Khmelnytskyi, Svobody street, 36. Phone number for information: +380 (382) 65-76-23. E-mail: [email protected]
- Mariupol, street. Azovstalskaya, 4. Phone numbers for information: +380 (629) 46-55-34, +380 (67) 399-66-56, +380 (66) 362-48-30, +380 (63) 994-58- 43. E-mail: [email protected].
20. Will the university return to Donetsk in case the fighting in eastern Ukraine ceases?
No matter what the situation may be in the future, Vasyl’ Stus Donetsk National University will continue its educational activities in Vinnytsia.