Financial assistance is provided:
- in case of the death of one of the spouses, parents, children of the employee;
- in case of the death of an employee (financial assistance for the funeral) to one of his family members or to the person who has actually incurred the costs of the funeral;
- in case of severe, long-term illness or illness associated with the complicated surgery of an employee or his minor child;
- in case of child birth – to parents;
- in case of financial distress resulting from a natural disaster, fire, crime, etc .;
- if a full-time employee of the university is married for at least 1 year.
What is the procedure for obtaining financial assistance?
In order to receive financial assistance, a staff member or other person, as appropriate:
A person must personally write and submit an application together with copies of the supporting documents (with his or her originals) to the responsible person from the social and communal commission at the following address: 600-richchia, 21st, Cabinet 512 not later than 6 months after the onset of circumstances.
Upon receipt of the application, the Commission, at the meeting, decides on the provision or non-delivery of financial assistance, and determines its size and, on the results of the examination, prepares an appropriate submission to the rector, who makes the final decision.
Can I get financial help several times a year for various reasons?
Yes, it is possible if its total size is no more than one salary of the employee concerned.
For example, the salary of employee A is 3000 UAH, and in January of this year he or she was awarded financial assistance in the amount of 2500 UAH. This employee may apply for financial aid in the same calendar year, but such assistance can only be given to him up to 500 UAH.
Who makes the financial assistance decision?
In accordance with the Regulations on Remuneration and Provision of Financial Aid, the decision to provide financial assistance is made by the Rector upon the submission of the joint social and community commission of the University and the trade union.
Is material assistance taxed?
Pursuant to the provisions of the Tax Code of Ukraine, no material assistance equal to the amount of the monthly subsistence minimum applicable to an able-bodied person as of January 1 of the tax year, multiplied by 1.4 and rounded to the nearest 10 hryvnias is taxed. In 2019, this amount is – UAH 2690. If the amount of the financial assistance provided exceeds the corresponding amount, the excess amount is taxed on a general basis.