Commission for Social and Household Affairs

Information on financial assistance

The procedure for providing financial assistance to an employee of Vasyl Stus Donetsk National University

Who is eligible for financial aid?

A full-time employee of Donetsk National University named after Vasyl Stus may receive financial assistance if he has suffered from one of the events stipulated in the Regulations on Remuneration and Financial Aid Supplement, which is annexed to the Collective Agreement for 2019-2025.

Financial assistance is provided:

  • in case of the death of one of the spouses, parents, children of the employee;
  • in case of the death of an employee (financial assistance for the funeral) to one of his family members or to the person who has actually incurred the costs of the funeral;
  • in case of severe, long-term illness or illness associated with the complicated surgery of an employee or his minor child;
  • in case of child birth – to parents;
  • in case of financial distress resulting from a natural disaster, fire, crime, etc .;
  • if a full-time employee of the university is married for at least 1 year.

What is the procedure for obtaining financial assistance?

In order to receive financial assistance, a staff member or other person, as appropriate:

A person must personally write and submit an application together with copies of the supporting documents (with his or her originals) to the responsible person from the social and communal commission at the following address: 600-richchia, 21st, Cabinet 512 not later than 6 months after the onset of circumstances.

Upon receipt of the application, the Commission, at the meeting, decides on the provision or non-delivery of financial assistance, and determines its size and, on the results of the examination, prepares an appropriate submission to the rector, who makes the final decision.

Can I get financial help several times a year for various reasons?

Yes, it is possible if its total size is no more than one salary of the employee concerned.

For example, the salary of employee A is 3000 UAH, and in January of this year he or she was awarded financial assistance in the amount of 2500 UAH. This employee may apply for financial aid in the same calendar year, but such assistance can only be given to him up to 500 UAH.

Who makes the financial assistance decision?

In accordance with the Regulations on Remuneration and Provision of Financial Aid, the decision to provide financial assistance is made by the Rector upon the submission of the joint social and community commission of the University and the trade union.

Is material assistance taxed?

Pursuant to the provisions of the Tax Code of Ukraine, no material assistance equal to the amount of the monthly subsistence minimum applicable to an able-bodied person as of January 1 of the tax year, multiplied by 1.4 and rounded to the nearest 10 hryvnias is taxed. In 2019, this amount is – UAH 2690. If the amount of the financial assistance provided exceeds the corresponding amount, the excess amount is taxed on a general basis.

Indicative list of documents required to provide financial assistance

Depending on the reasons, in order to receive financial assistance, the employee must present the original to the representative of the commission and submit copies of the documents:

  1. in case of the death of one of the spouses, parents, children of the employee, a death certificate as well as documents confirming the relevant family ties (birth certificate, marriage certificate, excerpt from the State Register of Civil Acts, court decisions, etc.);
  2. in case of serious, long-term illness or illness related to the complicated surgery of the employee or his minor child – medical certificates, conclusions and / or other supporting documents, as well as the birth certificate of the child;
  3. in case of the birth of a child, the birth certificate of the child in which the employee is designated as the mother or father of the child;
  4. in the event of financial distress resulting from a natural disaster, fire, crime, etc. – certificates, acts, decisions of the authorized bodies of state power and local self-government on relevant events, such as an extract from the Unified Register of Pre-trial Investigations.
  5. in case of the marriage of a full-time employee who has worked at the university for at least 1 year, a marriage certificate.

Please note that this list is indicative. The Commission may require additional documents based on specific circumstances.

Staff of the Commission

Savoliuk Iryna

Deputy Head of Human Resources Department

E-mail: [email protected]

Solobut Oksana

Methodologist of the highest category in the information-analytical sector of the educational department, secretary of the Trade Union Committee of Vasyl’ Stus Donetsk National University

E-mail: [email protected]

Burdyha Vladyslav

Head of the Commission, Rector’s assistant for Legal Affairs, Deputy Head of the Trade Union Committee of Vasyl’ Stus Donetsk National University

E-mail: [email protected] 

Horbachova Liudmyla

Deputy Head of the Commission, Chief Accountant

E-mail: [email protected]

Pavlovska Tamara

Secretary of the commission, Head of the control sector of General Division

E-mail: [email protected]