The International Office is the structural subdivision of Donetsk National University (DonNU).
The office carries out its activities on the basis of the legislation of Ukraine: the Laws of Ukraine “About education”, “About higher education”, Resolutions of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, legislative acts of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Statute of DonNU, local legal acts of Donetsk National University and Regulation of the International Department of DonNU.
The aim of the International Office is to manage and coordinate activity of all structural subdivisions of the University under the guidance of the DonNU Administration, dealing with:
- The training of the high-qualified professions, having general cultural skills corresponding to the world standards;
- The realization of the international scientific projects, programs, agreements, grants and other forms of cooperation with international universities, establishments, organizations and forums aiming at transformation of Donetsk National University to the internationally-acknowledged innovative scientific-educational, analytical, consulting and project center.
The tasks of the International Office are:
- To draft and organize the events regarding the development of the international relations in DonNU;
- To widen the activities of DonNU in international organizations, projects, programs;
- To prepare and hold the reception of the international delegations that arrive to Donetsk National University with official, working, informal (private) visits;
- Engaging of foreign lecturers to lectureship at DonNU;
- Implementation of academic mobility;
- To organize together with foreign partner-universities summer and winter schools and to ensure the participance of DonNU students in them;
- To develop and organize programs of exchange education;
- To develop and organize the double diploma programs;
- To maintain communication with the representatives of European and international organizations, located on the territory of Ukraine;
- To organize meetings and ceremonial accompaniment of delegations.
The functions of the International Office are:
- To provide organizational, procedural, representative guidelines of the international cooperation of DonNU;
- To determine the priority guidelines, strategic planning of the international relations of DonNU as well as the search and selection of partners in order to build rapport on the University level;
- To take part in the elaboration of plans and programs of joint activities;
- To carry out international exchanges;
- To prepare and implement international educational and scientific-research projects;
- To establish partnership and to carry out working programs of cooperation between DonNU together with educational establishments and institutions, organizations and foundations of foreign countries;
- To maintain international cooperation with the goal of mutual coordination of actions and realization of international exchange and contacts and that is academic mobility including students’ mobility, PhD mobility and lecturer’s staff;
- Coordination of work and help to the faculties, departments and other divisions of DonNU in the international cooperation and academic exchange according to reached agreements, to contribute to the organization of international conferences and to maintain connections with international universities, establishments and organizations;
- to carry out events connected with the preparation and conducting foreign delegations that arrive to DonNU with official, working and informal (private) visits.